Childcare Manager, Hatchlings
TITLE: Childcare Manager
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
STATUS: Full Time, Full Year
START DATE: Immediately
Overview: The ODC Network (ODCN) operates three preschools with childcare programs throughout the Holland/Zeeland community. The ODCN is preparing to add another program to our early childhood network, and this growth is requiring a new management level position to be established to oversee and coordinate the operations of our childcare programs. Individuals interested in this leadership position are required to have some training and experience in early childhood education and must have a genuine love for young children and a commitment to high quality care.
ODC Network Diversity Policy Statement: The ODC Network is an equal opportunity employer. Click here to read our diversity statement.
Position Description: The Childcare Manager will be responsible for creating a safe and caring environment that is filled with meaningful experiences for young children. Our program is a nature-based model, so they will manage a program where children and staff not only utilize the indoor environment, but also spend time outdoors in all weather. The Childcare Manager will be responsible for effectively and efficiently running the daily operation of the Infant/Toddler/Preschool childcare program. The Childcare Manager is responsible for supporting the mission of the ODCN through the development and facilitation of caring for children’s basic needs. Responsibilities focus on the supervision and monitoring the safety of children in their care while designing nature-based experiences that include art, fine motor, gross motor, and early literacy skills that will aid in their development and desire for exploration. The Childcare Manager will be responsible for helping set policy, curriculum, schedules, and will help ensure that there is program consistency across all each school location.
- Maintain a healthy, safe, and positive environment for childcare staff and children
- Strong decision-making skills to respond to emergencies or difficult situations
- Create and manage learning environment and activities that promotes the development of young children
- Collaborate with colleagues, parents, and children
- Successfully pass a background check, have the ability to be insured and have a valid driving license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and monitor the safety and development of children
- Manage day to day operations
- Implement plans and strategies to align with and maintain forward movement on organizational goals and strategic plan
- Manage the budget and coordinate purchasing
- Organize and assist with mealtimes and snacks for children
- Help children keep good hygiene
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allows children to learn about their world and explore nature
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure the children have ample time in nature to explore, uninterrupted time to play, daily reading experiences, and adequate rest periods
- Observe social, emotional, and cognitive skills of each child. Communicate with parents their child’s ability and developmental goals
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest
- Maintain care for children that is positive, consistent, and rich in language
- Plan training and professional development for the childcare staff
- Plan, facilitate and participate in childcare staff meetings
- Create and send a monthly newsletter to families
- Assist with maintaining licensing and all necessary requirements from running the program
- Serve as a member of the ODC Network Management Team
- Preferred qualifications to serve as program director per State of Michigan childcare licensing; requires some post-secondary degree and/or qualified number of hours in the field. ODCN will consider supporting qualified candidates to get director level status.
- Experience working with children and families in a childcare setting
- Minimum of current CDA or Associates in Early Childhood or Child Related Field
- CPR and First Aid Certified, or be willing to obtain
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to work outside in various weather conditions. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. This employee will occasionally climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Equipment Operated: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, and the operation of general office equipment.
Compensation: Health Insurance, retirement, Long-term Disability, and other fringe benefits are offered along with a competitive industry salary. Qualified candidate compensation will be based on experience.
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned above.
Eligible candidates should send their resume and up to three references to:
ODC Network, Jayne Schutter, 4214 56th Street, Holland, MI 49423 or email email@example.com