Custodial Technician Position
POSITION: Custodial Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager and Operations Director
STATUS: Part Time
START DATE: Immediate
The ODC Network is a nonprofit organization focused on outdoor education and conservation throughout West Michigan. The Custodial Technician is an at-will, full time and salaried employee of the ODC Network (ODC). They work directly with the Facilities Manager and Operations Director in daily custodial and other duties involving ODC properties. The employee is responsible for supporting the ODC’s mission through these activities in addition to being a positive representative of the organization in the community.
- Effective time management and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Proficient in the use of basic cleaning equipment
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, adapt to change and develop plans and timelines and follow through to completion
- Commitment to the ODC mission
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine cleaning and janitorial services for ODC preschools and other buildings including: collection and disposing of trash; vacuuming, sweeping and mopping floors; cleaning, stocking and sanitizing restrooms, etc.
- Manage cleaning supplies and maintenance equipment
- Assist with management of ODC waste materials including: trash receptacles, trash clean up, woody debris burn pile, and general facilities trash removal
- Perform maintenance on buildings and facilities to include; painting, staining and minor repairs
- Fire extinguisher record keeping and maintenance
- Assist and coordinate with other ODC staff, including project partners
- Safely operate equipment
- Ability to develop relationships and resources that enhance the efforts of the ODC
- Notify supervisors of repair needs using current work order system
- All other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager, Operations Director, or Executive Management.
Education / Experience / Requirements:
- High school diploma with experience in custodial services
- One-year experience preferred
- Must pass a background check, have a valid driver’s license and be fully insurable by the ODC
- Must be able to occasionally lift to 50 pounds and walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
- Requires the ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, and the operation of general office equipment
- Upright vacuum, battery powered leaf blower, and clothes washing machines and dryers.
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned above. ODC Network Diversity Policy Statement: The ODC Network is an equal opportunity employer. Read our diversity statement