Facilities & Construction Specialist
TITLE: Facilities & Construction Specialist
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until role is filled.
Compensation: $40,000-45,000/year dependent on experience.
The Facilities & Construction Specialist is an at-will, full-time, employee responsible for supporting the mission of the ODC Network through the execution of construction and maintenance projects, and day-to-day property management. This position will work closely with the VP of Operations and other members of the management team on planning and execution of capital projects, playground construction, and up-keep of facilities. In addition, they may assist in the management of other full or part-time operations team staff and volunteers.
Landscape, log work, rigging, grades, and staining/sanding.
Experience with various construction equipment including: Excavation, lawn maintenance, forklifts, snow removal, chainsaws, and other construction tools.
Project manager and/or supervisor experience.
Ability to multitask, adapt to change, develop plans and timelines, and follow through on those plans and timelines to completion.
Demonstrate excellence in a variety of skilled trades.
Create spontaneous solutions to complex building challenges.
Strong ability to wok with others and on your own – including strong interpersonal skills in a team setting.
Accomplish project goals.
Successfully pass background check, have the ability to be insured, and have a valid drivers license.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and construction of nature play and learning spaces.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget with the highest standards of quality.
- Facilitate relationships with operations department, clients, and vendors.
- Assist with bidding and design of construction and maintenance related projects.
- Maintenance of equipment used to operate and maintain ODC Network properties.
- Assist with seasonal snow removal.
- Assist with maintaining clean, safe, and organized facilities, equipment and vehicles for ODC Network staff and visitors.
- Assist with property maintenance including: Buildings, lawn care, landscaping, and trail maintenance.
- Assist with dept. budget preparation, goal setting, and evaluation.
- Assist with ODC Network events as needed.
- Assist and coordinate with other staff as required, including meeting participation.
- All other duties assigned by the CEO or executive management team.
- High school diploma
- Experience with buildings/grounds, equipment maintenance and operations, construction, excavation and/or landscaping.
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to work outside in various weather conditions. Must be able to regularly lift up to 75 lbs., walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
Must be able to operate a tractor, lawn mower, utility vehicles, trailers, and other construction equipment.
Must have basic understanding of Microsoft Office and its applications.
Qualified candidate compensation will be evaluated based on experience. These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities as dictated by ODC Network.
ODC Network Diversity Policy Statement: The ODC Network is an equal opportunity employer. Read our diversity statement.