Our Volunteer League is a service club for for teens to experience what it takes to maintain a natural area and captive wildlife; and to gain insight to the ODC mission of educating people about the importance of nature. This program is designed for 12 to 18 year olds who will work with ODC staff on a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks. We might spend time improving the nature preserve by removing invasive species, cleaning up animal enclosures, or a number of other projects that further our goal of connecting people with nature. It’s also a great way to earn those community service volunteer hours!
VoLes club meetings are scheduled for one Friday and one Saturday of each month, for a total of six meetings per session. Spring, Summer and Fall sessions are available, no prior experience or participation required to sign up.
A signed Behavior Guidelines Agreement and Photo/Liability Release Form is required in the registration process.
2019 Schedule – Fall
- Friday, September 13, 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, September 21, 1-4pm
- Friday, October 4, 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, October 26, 2-7pm
- Friday, November 8, 3:30-5:30pm
- Saturday, November 16, 3:30-5:30pm
Preparing for Volunteering
Materials Provided by the ODC
- protective work gloves
- insect repellent
- eye protection (if needed)
- trimmers, loppers, hand saws
- hauling, bagging materials
Other Items to Consider (not provided)
- long pants/sleeves
- work/rubber boots
- gloves/personal protection gear