Seasonal Sales Associate
TITLE: Seasonal Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Chief of Interpretation and Hospitality and Sales Manager
STATUS: Part-time, Seasonal
START DATE: Spring 2023 (date negotiable)
HOURS: Up to 25 hours/week (including weekend and evening hours)
Bilingual English/Other Language Candidates Welcomed to Apply
Candidatos bilingües en inglés/español bienvenidos a aplicar
Overview: The Sales Associate is responsible for supporting the mission of the ODC Network through operation of the center’s mobile frozen yogurt stand. Providing customer service, cleaning, resupply, money management and opening and closing the unit will be the primary responsibility. Work may include going with a team to an off-site location to run the frozen yogurt stand.
- Prior experience running a point of sale system/cash register
- Willingness to work at a seasonal food service business
- Cashier and money handling
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, adapt to change and to develop plans and timelines and follow through to completion
- Strong ability to work both collaboratively and independently, strong interpersonal skills in a team setting
- Ability to develop relationships and resources that enhance and strengthen the customer service experience for Outdoor Discovery Center visitors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide positive customer service to customers from a mobile kitchen serving frozen yogurt treats
- Participate in general business operations of a frozen yogurt stand
- Maintain cleanliness of the mobile kitchen and contribute to the successful passing of health department inspections
- Restock the mobile kitchen with supplies
- Effectively communicate mobile kitchen needs to the Hospitality and Sales Manager and/or Chief of Interpretation
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief of Interpretation and Executive Management
- Food service industry experience preferred
- Money management experience
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems
- Must pass a background check
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to occasionally lift to 50 pounds and walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- General office equipment including tablets, computers, printers, and laminators
- On-line point of sale system (Square for Restaurants)
- Frozen yogurt machines, miscellaneous commercial kitchen appliances, electric leaf blower
These job responsibilities represent only the essential and most significant duties of the position. This job description does not exclude other work assignments, directives and responsibilities not mentioned above.
ODC Network Diversity Policy Statement: The ODC Network is an equal opportunity employer. Read our diversity statement.