Visitors Center Open
The Visitors Center is open from 11 AM-3 PM, Tuesday through Saturday. The trails remain open from sunrise to sunset.
Hand sanitizing/hand washing stations will be available during open hours and the building’s common surfaces will be cleaned regularly. Restroom access may not be available when the Visitors Center is closed.
If you plan on attending a community program, please note the following:
- We will provide hand sanitizer or hand washing stations for programs
- Anyone over the age of 6 must wear a face covering while indoors
- Please practice physical distancing to the best of your ability during the program
- Cleaning protocols will be in place before, during, and after programs
- All participants will be required to fill out a health screening form when arriving at the program. You can see a preview of the form here – 2020 Community Programs Health Screening
Women in Nature – Native Gardening
Tuesday, September 22
6:00 – 7:30 PM
Women in Nature is a program series designed to motivate women to be more healthy, active and passionate about the natural world surrounding them. In order to do so, we are offering various program experiences.
In this gardening program, participants will learn the difference between native plants and “wildflowers”, how they can be used in urban or suburban landscapes, and how native plants can attract birds and butterflies to their yards. Examples from the grounds of the Outdoor Discovery Center property will be viewed.
$6 per person
This health screening form will be available and required to be filled out before participating in the program. Admittance to the program may be denied due to recent travel, COVID symptoms, or close contact with someone with COVID. Please check this form before attending the program.