Visitors Center Open
The Visitors Center is open from 11 AM-3 PM, Tuesday through Saturday. The trails remain open from sunrise to sunset.
Hand sanitizing/hand washing stations will be available during open hours and the building’s common surfaces will be cleaned regularly. Restroom access may not be available when the Visitors Center is closed.
If you plan on attending a community program, please note the following:
- We will provide hand sanitizer or hand washing stations for programs
- Anyone over the age of 6 must wear a face covering while indoors
- Please practice physical distancing to the best of your ability during the program
- Cleaning protocols will be in place before, during, and after programs
- All participants will be required to fill out a health screening form when arriving at the program. You can see a preview of the form here – 2020 Community Programs Health Screening
MAEOE Grant Awarded to ODC Network
Last November, we were awarded a $500 grant from the Michigan Alliance for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE). This grant was awarded to help purchase sampling nets for wetland investigation programs. These programs were scheduled to start in the spring of 2020 but were put on hold due to the pandemic. During the summer and fall, the ODC Network was able to provide safe, outdoor programs for families, day campers, and students alike. Many of these programs included the use of the new dip nets.
We look forward to sharing these new sampling nets with you at future wetland investigations in search of water scorpions, dragonfly nymphs, tadpoles, and many other critters!